Edvance, as a nationally known and respected provider of services spanning the spectrum of education and policy-related research, provides expertise in implementing large-scale research initiatives. We offer a unique approach by applying a process-driven business model to our research which produces rigorous, cost-effective, focused and—most importantly—useful results. The robust methods we use to implement these large-scale initiatives are essential to our success as a leader in evidence-based research. These methods include:
- Research study initiation and planning. Our team works with clients to conceptualize research study ideas, create study abstracts, formulate hypotheses, plan study project management activities, and develop initial drafts of products and dissemination plans.
- Study concept validation. We conduct a critical examination of existing evidence-based research to reveal the current knowledge about the study topic and the quality of that research.
- Research design. Edvance creates study blueprints, which include key research questions, develops study protocols, designs data survey instruments, and formulates data collection procedures and statistical analysis plans.
- Site recruitment. We develop recruitment materials, provide onsite study coordinators, identify sites that align with research goals, and negotiate site participation.
- Data management. Our team designs and develops databases, validates and cleans-up data, develops data codebooks, transfers data, and manages data quality procedures.
- Data analysis. Edvance statisticians develop statistical analysis plans to interpret and synthesize the data, produce tables, figures and charts, and evaluate studies.
- Research product development. We develop products that clearly and effectively communicate research results and conclusions, including technical reports, briefs, white papers, guides, journal articles, web casts, news briefs and presentations.